1614 Campbell St, Oakland, CA 94607
DESCRIPTION: HISTORICAL RENOVATION
TYPE: SLAB ON GRADE TYBE V (5)
LENGTH: 16 MONTHS
1614 Campbell was originally built in 1919 to house a General Electric light bulb factory. With an eye on preserving the character of the past, the facility was registered with the National Park Service as a national landmark. Situated in the heart of a West Oakland redevelopment district, the 116,000 square foot brick and timber building was seismically upgraded and the use was converted from a prior industrial use to a mixed use facility comprised of ground floor retail and 92 units of live/work lofts. The project team was intimately involved during the conceptual stage, providing design development and other preconstruction services, such that budget parameters could be outlined, schedules be established and financing secured for the project.